Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Milkman


After one full week of sleepless nights, I am beginning to recognize newborn idiosyncrasies that have made me laugh and cry over the past nine days, since Henry Charles Mattson came into this world. He was born at 5:28am, on June 30, 2008 weighing 7lbs. 10oz., and laying 20 inches long. I've looked forward to this lil guy for nine months, and he has not disappointed. I've studied his features, how he looks at me, and can now tell when he is about to paint the walls with urine. This has been such a special process, and is one that I have enjoyed from the start. Yes, it has been hard, like on the first night home when Henry did not get to sleep until 6:30am, but wow! This is just awesome. Simply awesome. I can't wait for the many days ahead of us. This is moments after Henry finished his, uh, lunch.

No comments: